"Cha'an Ka'an" in Maya means: “to observe or to enjoy the sky”, through the symbolism behind the logo, the moon representing Ixchel, mayan godess of the moon, and Itzamná, Lord of the Skies, the Sun and Ixchel’s lover; continuing with the building, resembling a Swallow, Cozumel’s symbol, Cha’an Ka’an was carefully planned to have a deep bond with the Island.
• The first 3D full dome planetarium in
• Celestial journeys in real time.
• Virtual space walks.
• Day and nightime observation.
• Maya worldview and Archaeoastronomy.
• Biodiversity of the island.
• Awareness and care of water
• Scientific experiments.
• Demonstrative activities.
Interpretation Centre of
• Sample of endemic flora
of the island.